Headteacher performance management is offered from an approved list of providers. Two standard packages are available but bespoke support can be provided to governing bodies of schools, academies and federations.
• Approved list of trained providers for headteacher performance management.
• Headteacher performance management support from a list of approved providers. Option A - full package including the written final draft of the review statement.
Headteacher Performance Management
Option A: This is the full service shown below: 1.5 days at a total cost for the stand-alone consultancy service of £750
|Advice and Tasks||Days|
|Preparation for the planning review meeting to include:
• Communicating with the headteacher and relevant governors to agree dates and timescales
• Contact the headteacher and request relevant documentation and agree deadlines
• Review of documents and preparation of preliminary advice to the appointed governors and the headteacher about the progress towards achievement of objectives for the previous year, and the suggested areas for objectives for the next.
The review meetings
• Pre-review meeting with headteacher:
|Recording the outcome
External Adviser prepares the written final draft of the performance review statement and a statement of
objectives and sends to governors and headteacher for consideration. External Adviser agrees changes with
governors and headteacher and make those to produce a final version.
The advisers working in schools receive appropriate training, reports are quality assured and visits are shadowed to ensure consistency in the service provided.